One Week Workshop.
Competitive Robotics Workshop - Grade 5-8
This workshop focuses on the preparing you for the upcoming First LEGO League
Robotics Competition in both mechanical and programming with mathematical application aspect.
You will gain insight in the following essential criteria:
- Focus on the mathematics application regarding encoder vs. distance travel and rotation, and how the
gear system affects performance.
- Learn to systematically troubleshoot and utilize mathematics for analysis instead of constant trials and errors.
- Sound mechanical structure with the mechanical functions, such as
weight distribution, center of gravity, friction, 2-wheel drive vs 4-wheel
drive, orthogonal vs triangular structure, etc.
- Conduct Project Planning and exercise the proper Engineering Journal habit.
- Learn effective programming with functional modules.
- Learn and practice basic control structure in computer programming vs logic.
- Explore Data Collection - which is one of the most important disciplines in engineering.
This workshop gears more towards the importance in sound mechanical structure, importance in encoder/gear mathematics,
design with flowchart before programming, as well as troubleshooting.
- Must enjoy challenging the mind and being creative.
- Must enjoy mathematics.
- Must enjoy analyzing intricate problems.
- Must be willing and able to work with others.
- Hardware — LEGO® Mindstorms™
- Software - Graphical RobotC©
Student's own Engineering Journal Log Book.