- Learn Critical Thinking Via Robotics without the cost of a physical robot kit.
- Strengthen Computational Thinking (with robotics programming) via a 3D simulation environment.
- Allow students to focus on developing computational thinking with robotics programming without diverting focus to mechanical issues.
- Allow distance learning with igniting passion, and keeping up with the engagement.
- Without spending over $450 to get started. ($389/robot hardware and $79/robot programming software)
- Giving students who cannot commit to a fixed meeting, but still would like to receive quality learning opportunity, and build their self-learning habit.
CharacteristicsPrograms adopt project-learning approach model which has proven effective through our past 10+ years impressive students' achievements. This has helped them to gain their advantageous edge at their high school or even college years. Most projects are enhanced or created by our in-house experts. All gear toward computational thinking and focus on math application whenever possible. Many of SR's students have also conducted similar projects before they could take on more advanced endeavour.
What Students Do...(For On-site sub-group)
- Receive training in order to equip them the fundamental skill to utilize the online programming system. This will enable them to conduct exercises at home at any time to advance their skills. (Great way to build a self-learning habit.)
- Follow a learning and exercise packet to work at home independently. All work will utilize the virtual Robotic Envirnoment (free for our students).
- Select the time to test out with the physical robot at the center using the registered hours. You may select any time within the alloted timeframe. e.g. for Summer of 2017, anytime between 1:30pm to 6pm, Monday to Thursday.
- While students work independently at the center following the assigned packet, a technician will be available for questions.
- Weekly designated hours for students to "chat" with individual instructor to assist you on your questions.
- When students successfully complete a packet, a special meeting will be setup with an instructor to discuss your progress, action plan, and target goal for the next stage.
- When you come to the center to utilize the physical robot with the packet challenge, you may sign up from 1 to 3 hours at a time.
What Students Do...(For Distance sub-group)
- This is a distance learning track which allows students to join our robotic program remotely. Enter our mailing list to allow us to send you notification as soon as it becomes available.
- Weekly one-on-one online meeting time with mentor to discusss your progress, action plan, and target goal for the coming week. Again, there will be a set of pre-set sessions, and you may sign up for any of them.
- Online support forum for you to post your questions at any time.
- Weekly designated hours for students to "chat" with individual instructor to assist you on your questions
- An online report about their progress and achievement, provided via www.cs2n.org.
- 5th to 7th grade students.
- Two teacher recommendations.
A recommendation request will be automated sent the recommender's emails you entered in the registration form. In order to make this process as seamless as possible, the recommendation is in an online form. The link to the form will be emailed to them at your submssion time. You may also send this link to your recommender as well.
Cost/Schedule - Onsite
|Cost||Duration||Available (select hours at your choosing)|
From Sept,2017 to June 15,2018 (TBD).
From June 26th to August 24th, 2017, except July 3-7 | Mondays to Thursdays | 1:30 to 6:00pm
|One time Roboclub Registration Fee of $30 for first time participant.|
Cost/Schedule - Distance
Enter our mailing list to allow us to send you notification as soon as it becomes available.
To Register: click here to access the online registration form
- In order to maximize the effectiveness of this model, minimum level of continuity is important. All registration requires a 10-hours commitment.
- Registration must be completed with at least one week before your start date. Once you have submitted your online registration, you will be contacted within 2 business days to discuss your start date and 1st training session.
- Please note that no walk-in will be accepted.
- Upon submitting your online registration, you should expect the following process to take place:
- 1st e-mail from SR: This reflects your registration inquiry and provides you the link to payment page. Minmum depost of $60 is required in order to start processing.
- Upon minimum deposit is received: SR staff will communicate with you to set up a Training session time.
- SR will send recommendation request to your recommenders if provided in the registration form. In order to make this process as seamless as possible, the recommendation is a simple online form. You may also email the link to the recommender yourself as well. Please do note that we must receive the recommendation before students attend training session.
- Upon approval of recormmendation, you will be notified, and full payment will be processed . Registration is considered to be complete.
- Tuition must be submitted in full to complete the registration and assign the training class.
|Refund||withdrawal notification is received by the SR Registrar|
|100% - $25||Before training session.|
|Pro-rate - $100||After training session.|
|Send withdrawal requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.|