Raritan Valley Math Group First Annual Contest - March 18th, 2017
Storming Robots collaborate with the excellent Raritan Valley Math Group led by Simon Lee, a professional working in a Fortune 500 company, high Math Competitions Veteran, graduated from Columbia University with MS in Mathematics. RVMG runs independently from SR. RVMG meets throughout the year and form teams to participate in for various math competitions, including ARML, PUMaC, and HMMT. Collaboration effort aims to deepen individual's understanding analytical math, especially in proofs and quantitative thinking, but not for competition per se. The Raritan Valley Math Group ("RVMG") receives ongoing inquiries from others interested, even after the past Nov/2016 event. The last event held on Nov/2016 was limited to a very small number of students. For this upcoming March-18 Contest, we manage to schedule a day open to accommodate twice as many students. Thus, RVMG has decided to open another opportunity, as it still has openings for given the appropriate qualifications. RVMG will also reach out to a deeper pool, including but extending far beyond the Storming Robots community. With more intensive PR, we hope to reach those who are not familiar with RVMG group and the possibility of qualification contest. FAQ about RVMG's First Annual Competition.
- March 18th, 2017 | Saturday
- 10:00 to 10:15AM | Arrival / Check-in
- 10:15 to 11:45AM | Testing
- 11:45 to 12:10PM | Lunch
- 12:15 to 01:15PM | Other Fun Activities
Sudoku challenge, chess challenge, as well as opportunities to observe the robotics automation with a Spiderbot project, and A.I. algorithm presentations. We anticipate all will be highly engaging.
- 01:15 to 01:30PM | Awards / Closing
- 01:30 to 02:30PM | Open Forum : Discussion on Possible Solutions to Test Questions.
- Registration Cost: $24 for Storming Robots students. $30 otherwise.
- To reserve a seat: Register online here
- Pre-registration is required. No walk-ins will be accepted.
- Lunch (Students have the option to purchase at check-in time, or bring their own).
- Please do arrive no later than 10am to allow students to select lunch and after-test activities
- Activities, Lunch, and Last hour Open forum are all optional.
Possible future Classes at SR
Yet Available While RVMG provides opportunities for students much beyond AMCs, Storming Robots' onsite program will only tailor students between AMC8 and AMC10. Currently a more solid process is being hashed out by the RVMT and SR. Please enter our mailing list to receive notification as soon as program becomes available.