Raritan Valley Math Group 2nd Annual Contest
March 17th, 2018.
Storming Robots collaborate with the excellent Raritan Valley Math Group .
Raritan Valley Math Group (RVMG) is an informally organized, volunteer-led group whose purpose is to deepen mathematical understanding and problem solving in middle and high school aged students. RVMG explore areas of math that are beyond the typical scope of the public school sequence. Students are a mix of public schooled, private schooled, and homeschooled. Most reside in Morris, Union, Somerset, or Mercer County in New Jersey.
RVMG is coached by Simon Lee, a former math competitor, who placed third in Canada in the Euclid Competition Fifth in the Canadian Mathematical Olympiad, and top 100 in the Putnam Competition. He studied pure math as an undergraduate at the University of Waterloo and also as a graduate student at Columbia University. Administrative duties for our group are handled by two parents, Sharon Lee and Amy Marinovic. A subset of exceptional RVMG students form the Raritan Valley Math Team (RVMT). RVMT competes in regional and national mathematics competitions including the Harvard-MIT Math Tournament (HMMT), the Princeton University Mathematics Competition (PUMaC), Purple Comet Math Meet, and the American Regions Mathematics League (ARML).FAQ about RVMG's Annual Competition.
Venue: Raritan Valley Community College
Age groupMust be pre-college students. Usually, students are recommended to have high proficiency in Algebra 1. View F.A.Q. for more informtation. If it does not answer your concern/question, please Email us.
- March 17th, 2018 | Saturday
- 09:45 to 10:00AM | Arrival / Check-in - see campus map.
- 10:00 to 11:00AM | Test Time
- Fun Activities follow.
Sudoku challenge, chess challenge, robotics demo, etc. Some activites will have prizes. We anticipate all will be highly engaging.
- 12:00 pm | Lunch
- 12:20 pm | Awards Ceremony
- 12:30 to 1:00PM | Open Forum : Discussion on Possible Solutions to Test Questions.
- Registration Cost: $35 per contestant.
- To reserve a seat: Register online here . Please note that registration is not complete until payment is received.
- Pre-registration is required. No walk-ins will be accepted.
- You will receive an official confirmation from us after registration is complete.
- Lunch: Students have the option to pre-order pizza with us, or bring their own. Please do note, we shall not be able to order lunch for you on the test date. You may place the order along with the registration, or email us with # of pizza slices that you would like at least 24 hours before the contest.
- Activities, Lunch, and Last hour Open forum are all optional.
- Notification of Cancellation MUST be received in writing by e-mail. You will receive a confirmation from us to reaffirm withdrawal process is received.
- Cancel By March 10th, Registration minus $7.00 administration fee
- Cancel after that, no Refund
- For absence due to sickness, please email us a doctor letter in order to receive a refund