2020 Online Summer-Camp Schedule
- Go here to see Savings and other attributes.
- Well-structured daily schedule.
- Instructor-led technical hours - 1:4 to 1:6 instructor:students ratio. One hour in the morning, and another hour in the afternoon.
- Time for self-pace projects development, and interacting with peers with similar interests. If applicable, projects involve collaboration among peers.
- Build individual/team technical portfolio.
- Individualized performance report and recommendation.
- Awards! See below.
9 to 10am
First hour of Instructor-led, but interactive technical session. Typically, instructor will cover important concepts for the day, and prepare students for a project for the day.
10am to 12:30pm
Free time to work on Projects. Online (supervised) channel remains opened for students to interact with class mates. Technical assistant(s) will be available for technical questions.
12:30 to 1:30pm : Lunch Time
Lunch break. Online Channel will be closed during this time.
1:30 to 2:30PM
Second hour of Instructor-led, but interactive technical session. Typically, instructor will review their work, and provide feedback and further lecture on improvement and enhancement for a given project.
2:30 to 3:00PM
Time to build each student's portfolio. Students will utilize a web tool to create their daily log and portfolio for themselves. This will allow the students to share with their friends and parents. This will heighten their sense in the importance of ability in publishing and sharing their work.
After Camp Follow up
Students will wrap up their final project, and deliver a speech to the group online to reflect their achievement throughout the week. Their speech will be recorded and will be inserted into their online engineering journal.
We cannot emphasize enough the value of a technical engineering journal. This is an indispensable skill for any science research and engineering. We continue to enforce that practice. We also want students to have an opportunity to experience like a little professional to have his/her own work captured and published online! Only With parents' permission, the journal will also include a video of the presentation of their work in class.
Report and Recommendation
Parents will receive a link to student's reports. Feedback report will reflect students' performance report, as well as provide recommendation for further development to strengthen students background in robotics and computer science.
Special Awards for Engineering Portfolio by the end of August
- (for two age groups: 5 to 7 grades and 8+ grades)
- The top 2 Awards: $40 Amazon Gift Certificate.
- The next top 2 Awards: $20 Amazon Gift Certificate.