College Acceptance with a STEM Focus
Speaker : Dr. Sharon Lee
About the speaker: Sharon Lee completed her B.Sc. (UBC) and Ph.D. (University of Waterloo) in Chemistry. After a career working for multi-national companies in her field during which she was granted 10 patents, she has homeschooled two children, both of whom have been students at Storming Robots. She is the author of Finding Your Way through the Maze of College Prep Tests, and is a co-organizer of the Raritan Valley Math Group.
What is this about
- What should prospective computer science/engineering students look for in a college?
- Which colleges have substantial STEM programs for undergraduates, as opposed to a focus on graduate students?
- How difficult is it to be accepted in a top computer science or engineering program?
- What does it mean to have a co-op program?
- Benefits of Co-operative Education?