3rd Annual Math Contest
Collaboration with Raritan Valley Math Group
Raritan Valley Math Group(RVMG) is an informally organized, volunteer-led group whose purpose is to deepen mathematical understanding and problem solving in middle and high school aged students. RVMG explore areas of math that are beyond the typical scope of the public school sequence. Students are a mix of public schooled, private schooled, and homeschooled. Most reside in Morris, Union, Somerset, or Mercer County in New Jersey.
RVMG is coached by Simon Lee, a former math competitor, who placed third in Canada in the Euclid Competition Fifth in the Canadian Mathematical Olympiad, and top 100 in the Putnam Competition. He studied pure math as an undergraduate at the University of Waterloo and also as a graduate student at Columbia University. Administrative duties for our group are handled by two parents, Sharon Lee and Amy Marinovic. A subset of exceptional RVMG students form the Raritan Valley Math Team (RVMT). RVMT competes in regional and national mathematics competitions including the Harvard-MIT Math Tournament (HMMT), the Princeton University Mathematics Competition (PUMaC), Purple Comet Math Meet, and the American Regions Mathematics League (ARML).FAQ about RVMG's Annual Competition.
Venue: Raritan Valley Community College
Age groupMust be pre-college students. Usually, students are recommended to have high proficiency in Algebra 1. View F.A.Q. for more informtation. If it does not answer your concern/question, please Email us.
- March 24th, 2019 | Sunday
- 12:00 to 4:00 PM | Arrival / Check-in - see campus map.
- 12:00 pm | Test Time
- Fun Activities follow.
Detailed activities may include: Sudoku challenge, chess challenge, etc. Some activites will have prizes. We anticipate all will be highly engaging.
NEW!A Robotics LEGO Soccer League Competition will take place from approximately from 1 to 3 as well. It is free for all spectators.
- Please have lunch before attending the contest.
- 3:00 pm (approx.)| Awards Ceremony
- 3:15 to 4:00PM | Open Forum : Discussion on Possible Solutions to Test Questions.
- Registration Cost: $35 per contestant.
- To reserve a seat: Register online here . Please note that registration is not complete until payment is received.
- Pre-registration is required. No walk-ins will be accepted.
- You will receive an official confirmation from us after registration is complete.
- Activities and Last hour Open forum are optional.
- Notification of Cancellation MUST be received in writing by e-mail. You will receive a confirmation from us to reaffirm withdrawal process is received.
- Cancel By March 10th, Registration minus $7.00 administration fee
- Cancel after that, no Refund
- For absence due to sickness, please email us a doctor letter in order to receive a refund