- Allow each student to advance at individual's pace.
- Align learning pace with a systematic roadmap. It facilitates learning paths interwined with advanced opportunities to fit each student's strength and interest.
- Transpire a learning style to heighten the development of autonomy and sense of self-responsibility for their own work.
Here is an email from Michelle Bryson, a student who attended our CS track from Gr.8 to 11, and has been admitted to the CMU Computer Science program - Class of 2024.
... I like it the most because: It was self paced and there was no pressure to be on the same level as someone else. I was never directly given the solution to a problem, but guided to figure things out. I felt working hard to learn is rewarded rather than just knowing the answer.
There is a wide variety of elective classes and summer camps to choose from. I liked the opportunity to work on competitive projects with partners or teams.
The instructors give a lot of 1:1 help and check in with me even if I did not raise a question...
You will find more detailed description from the syllabus including:
- Requirement for Level Promotion
- What was deemed to be complete with an assignment with satisfactory level of understanding?
- How to do Well in this Track?
- Aligning with Storming Robots Roadmap